Human Anatomy is one of the important Basic Medical Sciences which deals with the construction of Human Body. Hippocrates of 400 BC, though he was Father of Medicine, was also considered as Father of Anatomy. But in 16th Century Andreas Vasalius laid foundation stone for Modern Anatomy and he is considered as Father of Modern Anatomy.
Department of Anatomy is one of the foundation stones for any Medical College. It was started in the year 2003 when the NRI Medical College was established along with the other Pre clinical departments.
It is occupying the whole ground floor of the West Block in the Medical College Building.
The Department is provided with:
- A well ventilated, spacious well maintained, prestigious Dissection Hall which can accommodate 200 students to do dissection at a time.
- A well ventilated, fully equipped Histology Laboratory which can accommodate 100 students to do practicals at a time. It is also equipped with Research microscopes, demonstration microscopes with C.C.T.V attachments. Each student is provided with one microscope and slides during practicals. It is provided with Trinocular Research Microscope with Photography attachment and software for micrometry.
- A well equipped Museum with wet and dry specimens, X-ray Lobbies, Skeletons, Models, Charts and Catalogues.
- Cadaver embalming and storing facility.
- A section Library Cum Seminar room which can accommodate 50 students. Seminar and group discussions are being regularly conducted. Library is having number of 252 Books of 137 tiles. The department receives 4 journals and is a member for 4 e- journals
- A research laboratory and three demonstration halls are also attached to the Department.
- A/C Lecture Gallery with modern teaching aids and public addressing system which can accommodate 200 students.
- Each student is provided with a locker.
- Department is also equipped with computer and internet connections.
Services offered :
- MSc (Medical Sciences)
- BSc (Medical Lab. Technology)
- BSc (Nursing)
- Diploma in Medical Lab. Technology
- Respiratory Therapy, Cathlab & Perfusion Technology
CME and conferences :
The department has conducted a 2-days conference "12th APSA meet" in July 2013. Dr. NTR UHS Zonal CME are conducted regularly.
- N.B.S.Parimala,P.V.Chandrika,Muralidhar Reddy.S A study of anomalies of left renal vein International Journal of Anatomy and Research, 2015,Vol 3(3):1381-86.
- Ratna Prabha C, NBS Parimala. A Case Report of Aponeurotic Origin of Rectus Abdominis. National Journal of Clinical Anatomy. 2014; 3 (2): 84-86.
- Muralidhar Reddy Sangam, Ravi Kishor Reddy Vintha, Sreedevi G, Ramya Sree A. Variations of Sural Nerve in the Leg - A Fetal Study. Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research. September 2014, Vol. 3 (4): 36-41.
- Muralidhar Reddy Sangam, S. S. Sarada Devi. Morphometry of suprascapular notch and its correlation with that of scapula. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014 April, Vol. 8 (4): AM01-AM02.
- Gullapalli Aparna, S S Sarada Devi. Superficial Radial artery, A case report. International Journal of Research and Development of Health. 2014 March, Vol. 2 (1); 48-51.
- G. Sree Devi, S.S. Sarada Devi, K. Krupadanam, K. Anasuya. Bilateral occurrence of Additional Heads of Biceps Brachii, A Case report. International Journal of Research and Development of Health. October - December 2013, Vol 1 (4): 195-199
- A. Ramya Sree, S.S. Sarada Devi, K. Prabhadevi, K. Krupadanam, K. Anasuya. Gastroschisis - A case report. International Journal of Research and Development of Health. October - December 2013, Vol 1 (4): 191-194
- Replaced Right Hepatic Artery arising from Superior Mesenteric Artery. Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research. December 2013, Vol. 3 (1): 1 - 5.
- Sarada Devi S Sattiraju, Aparna G, Muralidhar Reddy S, Krupadanam K, Anasuya K. Superficial Brachioulnar Artery and other vascular Variants in Left Upperlimb. International Journal of Anatomy and Research. December 2013, Vol 1 (3): 145 - 149.
- Gullapalli Aparna. Additional Head of Sternocleidomastoid with 3rd Supraclavicular Fossa. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences. July 2013, 4 (3): (B) 586 - 589.
- Sarada S Sattiraju Devi, Aparna G, Suma Devi D, Muralidhar Reddy S, Krupadanam K, Anasuya K. VACTREL Association with Less Common Cardiac and Tracheal Defects - A case report. International Journal of Research and Development of Health. April 2013, Vol 1 (2): 35 - 41.
- Muralidhar Reddy Sangam, S. S. Sarada Devi, K. Krupadanam, K. Anasuya. A Study of Distribution of Hair on the Phalanges of Toes in Andhra Pradesh. Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research. 2012 December, vol.2 (5), pp: 375 - 379.
- Muralidhar Reddy Sangam, S. S. Sarada Devi, K. Krupadanam, K. Anasuya. A Study of Distribution of Hair on the Phalanges of the Hand in Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2012 May, vol.6 (4), pp: 553 - 556.
- Muralidhar Reddy Sangam, A. Ramesh Babu, K. Krupadanam, K. Anasuya. Fingerprint pattern in different blood groups. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine. 2011 Oct-Dec, vol. 33, No. 4, pp: 341 - 343.
- Muralidhar Reddy Sangam, Karumanchi Krupadanam, Kolla Anasuya. A Study of Finger Prints: Bilateral Asymmetry and Sex Difference in the Region of Andhra Pradesh. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2011 June, vol. 5 (3), pp: 597 - 600.
- Muralidhar Reddy Sangam, S. S. Sarada Devi, K. Krupadanam, K. Anasuya. Cortriloculare biventriculare with left superior venacava. Folia Morphologica. 2011, vol. 70, No. 2, pp: 135 - 138.
- Muralidhar Reddy Sangam, Kolla Anasuya. Arch of aorta with bicarotid trunk, left subclavian artery, and retroesophageal right subclavian artery. Folia Morphologica. 2010, vol. 69, No. 3, pp: 184 - 186.